A 50 year old man died of internal burns when he was served cleaning fluid instead of wine in a bar in Benicarló in the northern part of the Valencian region last Sunday.

It appears the soapy fluid was stored in a wine bottle, and then accidently put in the fridge by accident.

Emergency services rushed him to hospital where he later died.

The Guardia Civil is investigating to see if anybody could be held criminally responsible for manslaughter.

The bar owner was arrested before being released, pending further enquiries.

Load More Related Articles
Load More In Local News
Comments are closed.

Check Also

Mass Fight Breaks Out at Torrevieja Football Match

A mass brawl broke out on Saturday afternoon involving two junior football teams and the s…