A cigarette butt may have caused a Tuesday afternoon blaze at a plastics recycling plant in Torre Pacheco which led to firemen working through the night, but most of the complex was destroyed.

Ten fire engines and a helicopter were drafted in at one point as workers fought to beat back the flames.

There were initial concerns that the fire was only 200 metres from Torre Pacheco town centre, very close to the railway station and just a kilometre from the IFEPA trade fair centre.

The smoke plumes could be seen several kilometres away.

 

Load More Related Articles
Load More In Local News
Comments are closed.

Check Also

Minor Earthquake in Torrevieja

Homes in and around Torrevieja and the Orihuela Costa shook on Tuesday night when a 2.3 ma…